do you have a question? let us help you out!

Am I eligible for accommodation at University Court?

Any college student who is attending an institution of higher learning in the Shreveport/Bossier area is eligible to apply for accommodation at University Court, including research assistants and full-time, part-time, undergraduate and postgraduate students.


Are pets allowed?

Pets are only allowed for students that live in efficiency apartments. The first step is to visit our office and submit your pet addendum and pet deposit. This must be done before the pet arrives. No temporary/visiting pets are allowed. Documentation must be received on all pets. Certain types of pets will not be approved.


Are priorities given to particular students?

The Village hosts a diverse range of residents from all over the world and across the United States, and we see this as a true strength of our community. To ensure fairness, we don’t give preference to any group over others. Therefore we encourage all applicants to submit the relevant forms as early as possible to avoid disappointment.


Can I be released from my lease because my roommate and I don't like each other?

Attending college and deciding to live in a student community often means living with a roommate. Roommates may have diverse experiences and may come from different cultures. Our management staff is trained at helping roommates work through concerns to negotiate resolutions to problems. We will try to relocate you to a different apartment/loft if one is available and you have truly tried to work out your differences with your current roommate. Unfortunately, space is not always available to offer relocation. You cannot be released from your contract with us for not liking your roommate.


Can I choose my roommates?

If you’d like to share an apartment with a friend, please specify this on your roommate matching form. Given our high demand, we can’t guarantee to fulfill all requests, but we’ll definitely try our best to accommodate you.

The earlier you and your friend apply, the easier it is for us to assign you to the same apartment.

If you know someone who might want to live at the Village, you can refer a friend here!

Can I have a vehicle?

University Court allows all residents to have a vehicle free of charge and institutes a parking permit system. There is ample parking throughout the property. All vehicles will be registered in order to receive a parking permit as a University Court resident.


Can I pay my monthly installment with a credit card?

We accept Visa, MasterCard and Discover for the payment of the security deposit, lease contract processing fee and monthly installments.


Can you help me find a roommate?

We do provide a roommate matching service at University Court. Please fill out the roommate matching form and submit it to our offices in order to take advantage of this free service.


Do you provide Internet access?

Broadband connectivity is available in every bedroom at the Village. Free wi-fi is available in our common spaces, clubhouse, pool area and laundry room.


How close is University Court to the University?

LSUS Housing at University Court is on campus!  You’re a 4 minute walk to the library and a 5-7 minute walk to any classroom on campus.

How long are your lease agreements?

University Court offers Full 12-month leases, Academic 10-month leases, 7-month Spring/Summer leases, 4-month Spring leases, and 3-month Summer leases.


I am on financial aid, do you defer payment until I receive my aid?

There are two ways to do this. LSUS students must fill out a Financial Aid Assignment form. This will allow us to directly receive your housing fees from LSUS Accounting Services. Please check with the office for current deadline dates.

The second option you have is to defer your isntallment payment for a limited time. To do this you will need to complete the Financial Aid Deferment form. This used for students attending other universities or those who have missed the deadline for LSUS students.

All forms must be submitted with a copy of your award letter and class schedule.  Remember  that with the Financial Aid Deferment the student must pay monthly co-payments during the deferment period and pay the remainder of the semester’s installment upon receipt of aid.

I have my own furniture; can I remove yours?

You may supplement the furniture that comes in the apartment but you may not remove any of the furniture provided to you by University Court. Please note that efficiency apartments do not come furnished.


What if I have a maintenance request?

As a resident if you have maintenance request you can call the office at 318.797.8588 to provide your name, unit number, request, and call back number or you can file a maintenance request online through your resident portal.