do you have a question? let us help you out!

Am I eligible for accommodation at University Place?

All Northwestern State University students are eligible to apply for accommodation at University Place, including research assistants and full-time, part-time, undergraduate and postgraduate students.

Are pets allowed?

There is a strict no pets policy at University Place. This includes goldfish and birds.

Are priorities given to particular students?

The Village hosts a diverse range of residents from all over the world and across the United States, and we see this as a true strength of our community. To ensure fairness, we don’t give preference to any group over others. Therefore we encourage all applicants to submit the relevant forms as early as possible to avoid disappointment.

Can I choose my roommates?

If you’d like to share an apartment with a friend, please specify this on your roommate preference form. Given our high demand, we can’t guarantee to fulfill all requests, but we’ll definitely try our best to accommodate you. The earlier you and your friend apply, the easier it is for us to assign you to the same apartment.

Can I have a vehicle?

University Place allows all residents to have a vehicle free of charge. There is ample parking throughout the property. All vehicles must be registered with University Police in order to receive a parking permit.

Can you help me find a roommate?

We do provide a roommate matching service at University Place. Please fill out the roommate preference form and submit it to our offices in order to take advantage of this free service.

Do you provide Internet access?

Wifi Internet is available in every bedroom at the Village and also is available in the clubhouse.

How close is University Place to the University?

University Place is located on-campus at Northwestern State University. It takes approximately 10 minutes to walk to the Student Union and just 5 minutes to walk to the Dining Hall.

How long are your lease agreements?

University Place offers Full 12-month leases and Academic 9-month leases.

I have my own furniture; can I remove yours?

You may supplement the furniture that comes in the apartment but you may not remove any of the furniture provided to you by University Place.

What if I have a maintenance request?

As a resident if you have maintenance request you can call the office at 314.214.5400 to provide your name, unit number, request, and call back number or you can file a maintenance request online through your resident portal.