got a question?

find out the answer here or alternatively visit www.myvillageguide.co.uk
How do I apply for accommodation?

Applying is easy! All our applications are handled online and should take you no more than 10 minutes. You will need your Student ID, which can be found on your University correspondence. Go to our apply now page to start your application.

Do you have rooms for couples?

Sorry, all our rooms are for single occupancy only. We’re not able to provide accommodation for couples or families.

What if I have a disability or medical condition?

You should contact our Disability Advisers in the first instance to discuss specific requirements. If you need special consideration because of a medical condition, you may be asked to provide a supporting letter from your Doctor. Please include any information you can on your application.

What household items do I need to bring with me?

The bedroom will have a single bed, desk, chair, wardrobe and curtains. You will need to bring your own bedding, cooking utensils, plates and cutlery. You may want to wait until you meet your flatmates as you may be able to buy some items together.

We like to make life as easy for our residents as possible, so you can purchase everything you need at via our online Village Shop. Simply order all your items when you apply for your room and they will be waiting in your room on arrival.

What are the rules about bringing electrical appliances?

All electrical appliances that are over 12 months old must be ‘PAT’ (Portable Appliances Test) tested. A qualified electrician or domestic appliance engineer can carry out the test and issue a safety certificate.

Can I bring my pet?

Sorry, pets are not allowed in any of our accommodation for health and safety reasons.

Am I allowed to bring a television?

Yes, you are more than welcome to bring your own television. You would also need to buy your own television licence. Information on this can be found at www.tvlicensing.co.uk. However, you may wish to check that you can receive a valid reception before buying your licence and installing your TV.

Will I have to sign a Tenancy Agreement?

Yes, you will be asked to sign an agreement for a minimum of a 42-week period. This is a legally binding document and you will be held to this unless a student who is not already in student accommodation can be found to take over your room for the remaining period. You will be able to see the agreement online before you accept the offer.

Are personal belongings in my room insured?

Contents insurance from Endsleigh Insurance is included in your weekly rent. This includes personal items such as laptops etc. Full details of this policy will be provided on arrival. You are advised to check the policy if you wish to bring any high value items. You can find out much more at My Village Guide.

Can I bring my car?

Parking is limited. You can purchase a parking permit for the academic year, one term or per month.

For moving in, click here to find out how you can drop off your belongings.

How much does internet access cost?

The internet is included in your rental package. So you do not need to pay any extra to get yourself online.

I want to share with friends; can we apply for a flat together?

Yes. Our online application portal enables you to choose your own room and flatmates. Just follow our simple application process and connect with your mates to ensure you get the flat and room that you all want.

If I am not satisfied with my room can I change it?

This will be looked at on an individual basis and will depend on availability and the reasons for the request. Depending on the reason for a transfer, Room Moves/Swaps may be subject to an administration fee.

A resident being happy in our accommodation is extremely important to us at the Village and we work with residents to solve any issues or concerns.

What does the rent include?

We make life simple by charging one weekly rate which includes all your bills, internet, insurance and more. Making it simple means you don’t need to argue with your flatmates about who is paying the bills. Plus, with our 42 week contract – you don’t waste money on rent when you are not at university.

Your rent includes:

• Water, gas and electricity bills
• Contents insurance
• Internet
• Online maintenance reporting
• Onsite maintenance staff
• Great community
• Hospitality welcome and service

When can I move in?

There will be set dates and times when you will be able to collect your keys. Accommodation will be available before the start of your course in September. Details will be provided to you once your offer has been accepted.

Who cleans the accommodation?

You will be expected to clean your bedroom, shared kitchen, lounge and bathroom areas. Cleaners will ensure the communal areas such as the stairwells are clean.

We would suggest you create a cleaning rota with your flatmates when you arrive.

Will I have to pay Council Tax?

In the UK students are currently exempt from Council Tax.  Any person who ceases to be a student but does not immediately leave would be liable for Council Tax if it becomes due.

For more information, please click here: https://www.gov.uk/council-tax/full-time-students.

Does the Village have social events and activities

Choosing where to call home when you’re at university is about more than just renting a room. It’s about somewhere to make new friends, to have new experiences and, importantly, a place to create memories that will stay with you for years.

That’s why we’ve created Village Life, a programme packed with events and activities that will help you settle in and meet new friends. Welcome BBQs, retro games nights, cookery demos and more: we have a variety of events taking place which appeal to as many of our residents as possible.

Visit My Village Guide to see what’s happening in the Village.

make bedford your new home

apply now

still have a question?

contact us