do you have any questions?

Take a look below at our FAQ's to see if we can give you an instant answer. Still not sure? Don't worry, just get in touch with your query and we will be happy to help.
Am I eligible for accommodation at Everton Hall?

Full-time students enrolled at Victoria University of Wellington are eligible to apply for accommodation at Everton Hall. Everton does not accept students from other tertiary institutions.

During the summer Everton Hall is open to the public.

Are priorities given to particular students?

The Village hosts a diverse range of residents from all over the world and across New Zealand, and we see this as a true strength of our community. To ensure fairness, we don’t give preference to any group over others. Therefore we encourage all applicants to submit the relevant forms as early as possible to avoid disappointment.

Can I arrive early?

Yes! – subject to availability, please contact us to secure an early arrival. All early arrivals will be classed as Summer Bookings – so early arrivals will need to sign a Summer Residential Agreement on top of their academic contracts.

Can I choose my flatmates?

Yes – when you apply for accommodation at Everton Hall you can specify if you wish to live with anyone else who has applied and we will do our best to accommodate these wishes (this is dependent on your potential flatmates gaining acceptance into the hall, as each person is accepted on an individual basis).

If you have not specified who you would like to flat with (this is the case for the majority of our residents) we will do our best to place you in apartments with other like-minded people based on the questionnaire you return on acceptance to the hall. We spend a lot of time and effort when doing room placements and we generally get very good results.

Can my partner live with me?

Spouses, partners, boyfriends or girlfriends can apply for accommodation at Everton Hall. We have a limited number of double rooms available as well as a bedsit and one-bedroom apartment which are suitable for couples. We rent these out on a first come, first serve basis as there are only a few rooms suited to couples. If there are no double rooms available couples will be provided with individual rooms; you can request to be allocated rooms in the same apartment or building.

Do I need a financial guarantor?

To reside at Everton Hall you will not need a financial guarantor unless you are NZ residents who choose to pay fortnightly. If you are paying fortnightly and you are a NZ resident then you need a NZ based guarantor.

Like many flatting agreements we will check your payment history at your previous location of residence.

If you are an international student, you are required to pay the full cost of the full trimester.

Do you provide a cleaning service?

All residents are responsible for keeping their rooms and apartments clean.

Do you provide internet access?

Broadband connectivity is available in every bedroom at Everton Hall. Internet packages can be organised through our sole internet provider, Vistagate. See our optional fees section for more information on packages.

How can I pay my accommodation payments?

You can make payments by the following options: fortnightly (for NZ based residents only), by trimester or a year in advance. International residents must pay all their accommodation fees, whether that be for one trimester or two, before they arrive.

How long are the residential contracts at Everton Hall?

Everton Hall runs on a 38 week residential agreement.

This allows residents constant access to rooms and facilities throughout the academic year. It means you can spend less time and money moving and is especially convenient if you want to stay in the same room next year. The residential agreement governs the relationship between Everton Hall and its residents.

You are welcome to stay on at the end of your stay with us or move in early – we can work with you provide a solution at very reasonable fees.

Summer accommodation is available if you wish to stay on in Wellington for whatever reason. Enquire at our office for more information.

I’m going to be arriving a week late, do I have to pay for that week?

Yes – the length of the contract cannot be changed, we will have your room ready for you from the start date of your contract.

Is catering available?

Everton Hall is a self-catered hall which means residents are responsible for cooking their own meals. A supermarket is close by as are a selection of popular eateries offering dine-in or takeaway options. Each apartment has a fullly equipped kitchen – so feel free to cook up a storm or throw together a meal at any time of the day.

What does my initial fee cover?

Your initial payment (paid on acceptance of the Residential Agreement) is made up of a:

  • $75 Administration Fee
  • $150 Residential Activities Fee (this covers all the events and activities we run)
  • Security Deposit equal to two weeks rent (this is refundable on departure less any outstanding charges)
  • Two weeks rent in advance.

Your place is secured when we receive your signed Accpeptance Forms and Acceptance Fees (as listed above). Payment can be made, at the office, by direct credit or automatic payment, EFTPOS or cash.

When are my payments due?

Rent must be paid in advance and on the specified due date. This can be done by paying:

  • for the whole year residence period in one amount by the due date
  • for a whole trimester in advance in one amount by due date
  • fortnightly in advance by automatic payment or direct payment to the Hall bank account.

International Students are required to pay the balance for the whole period of residence, or at least one trimester, on arrival. Payment can be made by credit card, cheque or direct payment to our bank account and discount is available.


still have questions?

contact us